Girl on the Roof is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager.
Role Type: Full-time, Employee
Role description and responsibilities
The Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager at Girl on the Roof will:
- Protect and uphold the reputation of Girl on the Roof.
- Provide excellent, results-driven service to clients.
- Be a skilled communicator (both verbally and in written word).
- Possess great collaboration and organizational skills.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a passion for excellence that is evident in all aspects of work.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of layout, typography, color, scale and other design principles.
- Create quality original concepts, layouts, and graphics for print materials, websites, and digital media (web, social media, video).
- Develop logo packages and graphic standards manuals.
- Create final products that meet or exceed Girl on the Roof and client needs.
- Manage printing and digital output to appropriate specifications.
- Manage internal photo library.
- Provide accurate time estimates required to complete each project and manage the project to meet agreed-upon budget and deadlines.
- Cheerfully make edits and revisions based on client / team feedback.
- Plan, launch, monitor, and optimize Google AdWords campaigns.
- Manage multiple client social media accounts including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Develop, edit and proofread content as needed.
- Demonstrate grammatically correct and appropriately stylistic copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills for web and social media content, proposals, creative briefs, etc.
- Participate in business development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years of graphic design experience, preferably in an agency setting
Exceptional client relation skills
Demonstrated experience designing quality print and digital materials (original illustration skills a plus but not required)
Logo design and graphic standards development
Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills (please do not apply otherwise!)
Skilled at Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
Strategic thinking, creativity and problem-solving skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Good eye for design aesthetic
Team-player but also disciplined self-starter
Organized and detail-oriented
Skilled with multi-tasking and prioritization while maintaining integrity of deliverables
Skilled in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
Hands-on experience with nonprofit organizations
Sense of humor
This job could be for you if you…
Want to play a key role in making our community and the world a better place
Have a heart for nonprofit organizations and socially responsible businesses
Would consider it a privilege to pray aloud for clients in staff meetings (this is an important part of our staff culture)
Can see the big picture and your place in it
Want to be a part of a small, close-knit team of highly skilled, mission-driven people
Enjoy when every day is different from the last
Have a strong work ethic and a passion for excellence in all things
Thrive in a rewarding, high-pressure environment that is fast-paced and intense at times
Own your mistakes and learn from them
Like being busy and touching a variety of projects
Take initiative during pauses to help in other areas, improve processes, study best practices, and explore professional development opportunities
Enjoy new challenges and can think through how to tackle something with which you have little to no experience
Can prioritize tasks from different sources and re-prioritize on the fly when necessary without losing site of past priorities
Are self-motivated and comfortable asking questions when you need direction
Don’t have to be asked twice to do something
Are thick-skinned and value feedback, even if it’s curt at times
This job is not for you if you…
Require routine and a lot of direction
Are accustomed to a low-key environment with little accountability
Enjoy predictability in your workday
Are seeking a corporate office environment
Are just looking for a job to pay the bills
Get your feelings hurt easily
Already know the best way to do everything
Are easily distracted or have trouble prioritizing
Get overwhelmed by a long to-do list
Get demotivated by a short to-do list
Don’t have a sense of humor or an appreciation for sarcasm
Are intimidated by this job description
Have ever said, “That’s not my job.”
About Girl on the Roof
Girl on the Roof provides positioning and marketing strategies for nonprofit organizations and socially responsible businesses. From strategic planning, identity and graphic design to web sites, social media and video production, GotR’s marketing services generate impressive results. Located in Knoxville, TN (with clients across the globe), we aim to help organizations that help others. We do marketing that matters, and we do it really well.
Girl on the Roof is a Business As Mission (BAM) for-profit organization with a strong reputation for strategic thinking, quality, integrity, excellence, and unmatched customer service. The first priority of Girl on the Roof team members is to embody and protect this reputation as we enter our next phase of growth. Every month we meet together as a team to pray for our clients and the work we do to support them.
If this job description is too intense for you, we wish you luck elsewhere. But if, in reading this, you say, “THAT is something I want,” we would love to hear from you. Please email your résumé, a cover letter and samples/links to your work to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.